John Mc Cain for Democratic Veep?

18rabbit

Captain
Re: John Mc Cain for Democratic Veep?

First, the NY Times is not considered a liable news source and you should not be reading it. It will pollute your young, fragile mind. :) Otherwise, that story has been around since Kerry announced he was running.<br /><br />Second, John McCain is a demoRAT, and always has been. The only reason he claims to be in the other party is because he benefits personally from rubbing elbows with the party in power.<br /><br />Third, I think HilLIARy is getting desperate. She can’t accept a vice presidency with Kerry because she would carry Kerry…probably for two terms…making her an old wrinkly bag when she finally gets her own chance at the driver’s seat. Nope, I’m thinking HilLIARy will either try a coup d'état at the demoRAT convention or she will quietly work behind the scenes to undermine Kerry’s campaign hoping he loses to Bush so she gets her chance in 2008.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

John McCain on NPR"s Diane Reem radio show said "No, i'm not interested" :)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello dudes <br />any of you whiners ever watch the flight deck video of the uss forrestal on fire(again) off the gulf of tonkin about 1968?<br /> watch it and then tell me about John McCain

rolmops

Vice Admiral

The truth is that a Kerry McCain ticket would blow Bush right off the map.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> The truth is that a Kerry McCain ticket would blow Bush right off the map.
You Wish, rolmops. Just like Howard Dean blew away the Democratic pack.

PW2

Commander

In order to be a Republican, you have to all think alike, and put the same spin on every topic.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello Boomyal.<br />You are right,I do wish.If McCain would have been the republican candidate,I would have voted for him.In my eyes this man is not one to break promises.He was in the thick of it all and paid his dues. If he would have run with Kerry(he is not)then I would have had my cake and ate it too.<br />But seriously,such a combined ticket is very good to unite a nation that is at war.It would for the first in many years be a government that would worry less about politics and more about the nation as a whole.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Clip of John McCain on TODAY this morning.<br /><br />"What part of NO do you not understand?"

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> In order to be a Republican, you have to all think alike, and put the same spin on every topic.
That's laughable PW. It is a technique, I might add, that was invented and mastered by the democrats during the Clinton impeachment! Night after night we were treated by all of the pundits and all of the legislators using the exact same words and phrases.<br /><br />But in reality it's a real case of the 'kettle calling the teapot black. To the extent the Republicans do this is when they would see a rose. Yes, they would all describe the rose.<br /><br />When the Democrats see the same rose, they are just as likely to describe a rock or a tree or a spotted owl, or a snake, etc, etc.

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> But seriously,such a combined ticket is very good to unite a nation that is at war.It would for the first in many years be a government that would worry less about politics and more about the nation as a whole.
Yikes! I’m not sure I would like a two party ticket at all. Our political system is designed to function as a two-party, adversarial venue. As soon as the parties ever come together, you/me/us/we/ lose. One of the filthiest words in D.C. is bipartisan . It is the monkey wrench in a system that only functions when opposing its other half.<br /><br />I think we are far better off with the Republicans claiming we need the Iraqi conflict and the Democrats claiming we don’t. Only then do we (the people) have a check-and-balance in our political system.<br /><br />Fwiw, aligned political systems can be found in China, North Korea, U.S.S.R., Vietnam … just about any of the repressive communist states.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

18R, I think you should refer to a Kerry/McCain ticket as a 1 1/2 party ticket.

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> 18R, I think you should refer to a Kerry/McCain ticket as a 1 1/2 party ticket.
:D :D :D

ehenry

Commander

LADYFISH for president ! ! ! !