Cover/table

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Greetings;

When I first purchased my boat it had an open area to the bilge compartment. The cover was missing so dont really know what it had originally. So I came up with this idea. A cover/ table. Its all scrap lumber from Home Depot, some decent paint and a large dowel. It latches tight with brass catches. It provides a great area when working tackle, making a meal or playing some cards.

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 0
  • table2.jpg
    table2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
  • table3.jpg
    table3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 0
  • table4.jpg
    table4.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
  • table5.jpg
    table5.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0

Bigprairie1

Commander
Re: Cover/table

Very good idea.
I have an 18' capri that has the original snap cover which still works, etc. However I was thinking of doing a small equivalent table to what you have. I remember seeing just that on a couple of similar size Maxums covering up that space. Definitely more useful than a vertical cover and simply fold it down and out the way. Maybe include a couple of drink holders which I don't have for my two rear side seats.

macr6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Now you need to drill some 4 inch holes in it and put some cup holders in the two front corners. Nice job, looks great.

Bigprairie1

Commander

Now you need to drill some 4 inch holes in it and put some cup holders in the two front corners. Nice job, looks great.

I was thinking that the cup holders should be separate and permanently mounted just about the table on either upper surface/sides. That way if you are running with the table stored down and out of the way...you can still keep a couple of beverages supported if need be.

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

thanks marc6... fortunately in my setup the rear stays have built in cup holders . I'd advise checking the clearance if you put holes and sunken cup holders. Reason is the bilge area is a great place for a tool box and other items plus the slope to the transom may strike when closing.

BAYLINER185

Chief Petty Officer

LOL my brother had those same POLK speakes in his NSX, he pulled them out to put in some SONY's and put the POLKS in the decking of his Hot tub.

The table is a good idea....I can see that comming in handy!