NFL player wanted it his way

Recently Charlotte Panther star Steve Smith showed up at a local mexican food place with the wife and kids. It seemed that they wanted mexican food and Steve didnt. They all ordered and when the food arrives he taste his and says it just doesnt taste right. Next thing they know ,he gets up and walks across the street to a high doller steak house and gets a nice big rib eye to go.He then goes back into the mexican place with his carry out bag , sits down with his family and eats his steakwhile they chow down on tacos.true story..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: NFL player wanted it his way

:) :)

penst8grad

Petty Officer 3rd Class

As long as everyone got a nice tip...

jasonh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

From a restaurant's POV, I don't believe that is allowed, technically. I was the assistant manager at a children's themed restaurant in another life (think rodent and pizza) and people tried to bring in food from other places all the time. It rubbed up against some sort of liability issue and I had to request people either leave or finish their Popeye's outside.

Of course I may have allowed a defensive lineman some slack....

gonefishie

Commander

Yeah, contammination issue! Next time you're at a drive thru window, ask if they would throw away your empty cup/soda can in one of their inside garbage can. They would promptly deny your request. I did that and was told that they're not allowed to have item from another establishment.

i386

Captain

Sounds a little disrespectful to me. Maybe it's just in the way the story is presented. I'm sure he tipped well. If it had been my restaurant I would have found it insulting, especially since I'd have steak and if he went across the street he'd return with a taco.

I assume he did give a nice tip. This up scale mexican restaurant has the likes of people like coach John FOX and family. Jeff Gordon and Michael Jordon come in from time to time. (Jordon was seen going into the same steak house this friday night. )The regular rules that apply to folks like me dont mean jack when it comes to these high rollers, besides its good for business. Before jeff gordon got married he would show up sometimes with TWO women at a time and order a couple of margaretas and then get loud mouth..How do I know all of this, my son works there part time and I know the bar manager.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I have done this myself on more than one occasion.

Ken