Force 35hp choke solenoid

jim65

Recruit
The choke solenoid does not seem to be working when cranking the engine. You turn the key and the starter gear ingages but the butterfly arm attached to the choke solenoid rod does not move allowing the engine to get gas for firing. Is the key switch bad or do I need a new choke solenoid. Thanks for any suggestions and/or help.....

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Force 35hp choke solenoid

I am assuming you are pushing in on the key to activate it. Check for 12v at the choke.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Welcome to Iboats. Funny thing is when people sell you a chrysler or a force they never tell you to push the key in to choke it. I had to use a broom handle the first couple of times out to get mine to start.

skipinrollers

Recruit

:cool: I betting its the switch. I had the same problem. New key switch cured that as well as poor starter performance.

jim65

Recruit

Thank's for the replies to my inquiry. It worked great when I pushed the switch in. The solenoid worked right and it fired and started the first time. I was a little disapointed I don't get to use a broom handle to get going. Retirement looks much better now that I get start the motor with no fears.