Water muffs

baconbiscut

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well we just repowered our boat with a 2008 MPI 383 Mercruiser V8 with Bravo One drive. I operate the boat in brackish water and the boat sits on a lift. I have not flushed the engine yet it has about 20 hrs on it. When I was reading the owners manual it said that the Bravo One drive had two water inlets and I was wondering could I flush the motor using the regular old style water muffs like the one you use for the Alpha One drive or do both inlets need to be covered. Thanks Dan

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Water muffs

You have to LOOK at your drive and determine if you have the dual water pickups or just the side ones.
If you have the dual pickups, you have the 2 side pickups similar to an Alpha, plus another pickup on the front of the drive inline with the bullet.
Or, you could post a picture.

baconbiscut

Petty Officer 1st Class

You have to LOOK at your drive and determine if you have the dual water pickups or just the side ones.
If you have the dual pickups, you have the 2 side pickups similar to an Alpha, plus another pickup on the front of the drive inline with the bullet.
Or, you could post a picture.

So your telling me that some Bravo One drives have daul water pick up and some don't. If it helps the drive is also a 2008. I'll try to find out but its kind of hard because the boats on the lift. This or next week we are going to take it in for its twenty hr check up but it would be nice to know before then. thanks Dan

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

So your telling me that some Bravo One drives have daul water pick up and some don't.
Yea, look at your owners manual.

If it helps the drive is also a 2008. I'll try to find out but its kind of hard because the boats on the lift.
With it on the lift, it should be easier to see.

This or next week we are going to take it in for its twenty hr check up but it would be nice to know before then.
Take it in, then have the pro's explain to you what you need.