Ethanol / Stabilizer

jimbo99

Recruit
Would appreciate comments about adding stabilizer to fuel each and every time due to ethanol 10 %. '89 Aluminum tank ( I think ) on a GW, new yami 150 4 stroke. Really tired of putting the bucks out. Recommended by dealer, don't see it in manual. Thanks.

AGENT 37

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Ethanol / Stabilizer

Stabilizers are good. Fuel starts to go bad after about 28 days, obviously it will still burn when it's a lot older than that though. But clean stable fuel is good to ensure that injectors or carbs stay clean. Water is not good. I keep my tank full to prevent condensation on the inside and use a particulate filter and a water seperator on the system before it gets to the motor. I also use a good quality gas (not higher octane). Having the glass in-line screen filter can tell you alot about where you get your fuel. I filled up once at a certain local station and could not burn 10 gallons of the fuel because the filter got so clogged that it stopped the fuel. If you have issues with detonation or pre-ignition ring-free is good. I use stabil fuel any time that the boat is going for more than a month without use. Simply buying good quality gas and making sure that it is debris and water-free before it gets to the motor will really get you a long ways. Additive wont do you anything for you if there is sand, silt, or dirt in your fuel. Some will reduce water though and help prevent varnishing.