anybody identify this yamaha model (8hp)

diabloam

Recruit
Hi everybody, new here but hoping for some help identifying a older yamaha engine.
DKul4NQv1.jpg

I bought two of these engines for spare off ebay, this isnt it but looks the same, I have got one running but need to get a impellor but there are no identification marks on them at all, except a casting mark of 65500 on the block of powerhead. In fact one has an even older looking cover with a gols embossed yamaha badge, but think this is the same, know they are pre 1983, can anybody help with a model for this engine and perhaps a good place in uk to get parts and a manual, much appreciated.

AMM

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander
Re: anybody identify this yamaha model (8hp)

Looks like a 72 evinrude but with yamaha decals instead. Hummm. Eather way if they are evinrudes you got a good deal. Im sure someone else who knows for sure will come along.

BruceAML

Petty Officer 1st Class

It looks like an 8A. Are you sure there is no id plate anywhere?

diabloam

Recruit

Hi thanks for replying, I thought it might be an 8B, but am unsure, what is the difference between them. The only info I got when buying them was that they are longshafts. The plates on both engines have dissappeared in the distant past, but one is a very good runner and if I could suss out model I could get new impellor and use it on my longliner. Can anybody say for sure what type these are and whether you can still get bits for them, much appreciated, cheers

AMM