7hp solid-state outboard

mispacedtexan

Recruit
i need info on this motor, i have one and want to rebuild it, so that it runs a little better.
let me know
~misplaced

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 7hp solid-state outboard

Check on the mounting bracket for model and serial number.
My guess is it is an Eska built motor using an air cooled Tecumseh power head with a water cooled exhaust leg.These are inexpensive entry level motors.
Probably not worth too much investment in time and money.Great motors for those that like to tinker as they generally require lots of it.

mispacedtexan

Recruit
Re: 7hp solid-state outboard

i am a tinker person, but the motor runs great. i just know i could make it run better. but more than anything, i like the thing. it was cheap and gets the job done, and as i looked at it last night, it is an eska. i would love to get a hood for it, i had a 1989 glasstream hydrabass 17v with an89 mariner 150hp that i replaced all the carborators, and regularly did maintenece on. so i realize that this 7hp is not a great motor, but for my little jon boat, it works. i just dont need 20 hp 7-10 is fine. however thank you for helping identify the thing, it helps to know so i can aquire a parts list and see about ordering some things for it. thanks again.