Kudos to U.S. Airways!!

waterinthefuel

Commander
Good job guys! U.S. Airways has chosen to participate in the "Louisiana Honor Air" program, a program allowing 136 veterans to fly free on an Airbus A320 round trip from Louisiana to Washington D.C. to see the WW2 memorial first hand. It is free for everybody involved, and instead of luggage, there are over 70 wheelchairs, oxygen tanks, an entire medical staff aboard, etc etc, all free of charge for the vets, so they can go see the new memorial before they pass away. The first time they did this was for Memorial Day, back in May. It was such a success that they decided to do it again, and will continue to do it until every vet that wants to go gets to.

What a noble thing to do, and I've been blessed with the responsibility of making sure it has the fuel and services needed to complete the flight.

I'm just not allowed in the terminal, good thing, because they'd never see me again, I'd be lost in the crowd of vets thanking each and every one of them.

To watch that plane take off knowing who all is aboard....it's touching to say the least. The last time I stopped what I was doing, turned off the tug's engine, got off the tug, removed my hat and watched it depart. I will do it again today. It's the least I can do for a plane full of heros.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Kudos to U.S. Airways!!

Now That is waaaaay cool, WITF. :)

aspeck

Staff member

What they said ^^^^^

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

No sheet, thats the way it ought to be!! Good job US Air!!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Some of those guys may have liberated my father.