Starter/ Battery ?????????

boneheads

Cadet
First I had a short you all helped me fix,then my starter turned slow,so on your advice I changed it. Started fine for about eights times then we stop, I try to start again and all i here is a click then I notice smoke coming from where my batteries are and my Neg post is melted.NOW WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??????? I Just Laugh:D

puddle jumper

Captain
Re: Starter/ Battery ?????????

Poor connection caused a amperage drop on the negative post which caused
heat which caused the post to melt.
Just my two cents.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Or your new starter has a short in it. It would be a drop in resistance and a jump in amps that would have caused the smoke. Does your starter still work?

boneheads

Cadet

NO, My starter no longer works. Also what all doses it take to rebuild a starter???

boneheads

Cadet

One more Question. When I replaced the starter it has a bracket on the bottom that bolts to the motor, it is misssing could that be my problem????

boneheads

Cadet

First I had a short you all helped me fix,then my starter turned slow,so on your advice I changed it. Started fine for about eights times then we stop, I try to start again and all i here is a click then I notice smoke coming from where my batteries are and my Neg post is melted.NOW WHAT IS MY PROBLEM??????? I Just Laugh:D
NO, My starter no longer works. Also what all doses it take to rebuild a starter??? One more Question. When I replaced the starter it has a bracket on the bottom that bolts to the motor, it is misssing could that be my problem????