'84 Merc 75 HP Type "C" Carb problem

Jokah

Recruit
I have a 1984 4 cyl Merc with a frozen enrichment valve assembly on the top carburetor. :(

The motor sat in storage by the previous owner for the last 3 years. Both carbs are perfectly clean upon inspection with no residue in the float bowl or in the jets/needle.

My Seloc service manual simply says to remove the retaining screw on the enrichment valve assembly and pull to remove. (It won't :confused:)

I have soaked the assembly with PB Blaster over the last week, and still can't free it up. or remove it. Am I missing something ?

Any help appreciated ! Thanks

Laddies

Banned
Re: '84 Merc 75 HP Type "C" Carb problem

Well we all have our favorite penetrating oils, I love Mercurys powertune but many love PB Blaster as well, that said in some cases a gentle taping of the shaft inward and a little pry outward will get them started where you can move them back and forth they only move in about .010 or .015" so don't over do. next is a gentle tapping along the center line of the shaft on the top of the carb to expand the casting a tiny bit and last is the torch for a little heat to help loosen it. Use caution and don't over do

Jokah

Recruit
Re: '84 Merc 75 HP Type "C" Carb problem

Will do. Thanks for confirming that I'm on the right track.

I can afford to be patient, this project isn't due to hit the water 'til next Spring. (Just kind of wanted to get it running before Winter storage)

Thanks again:D