Aren't these new topics fun?

waterinthefuel

Commander
See any that really interest you? Lets see...

I posted a photo of my truck....

Other than that this is now a kiddy forum, don't you think?

Edited: Flaming is not permitted.

I agree with Terry Olson in the other thread. Hopefully the pendulum will swing back the other way eventually.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Aren't these new topics fun?

Come on now, it's not that bad. You weren't just a little tired of all the political stuff? I for one was. Same old democrat this and republican that...blah blah blah. It won't be as "sterile" as you may think. Well, it might be for a few days 'cause people will be afraid to get technoed. But after that, it will be fine...just like last time...

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Come on now, it's not that bad. You weren't just a little tired of all the political stuff? I for one was. Same old democrat this and republican that...blah blah blah. It won't be as "sterile" as you may think. Well, it might be for a few days 'cause people will be afraid to get technoed. But after that, it will be fine...just like last time...
Is that what happened to techno-whoever??? BTW you can call him Ray...:D:D:D

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

And you don't have to click on Aunt Marys pie recipe ya know. Gee wasn't that also said about the other stuff by I'll bet a lot of the people doing the cornplaining {for you OMR}..ANIMAL :D

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

I don't really think it had anything to do with complaining. There was too much "beating on each other" going on, too much arguing. That stuff gets old. Granted, you don't have to read it if you don't want to, but this site is a business. Think about the space the H.O.T.D thread took up. Why pay for server/bandwidth space for a bunch of hooey? Some times you can let 'em run, some times you have to rein them in. We are currently in the latter phase...no big deal...

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

You know back in the good ole days.........Like 4+ years ago :D this place had very little political threads and it was the best place on the net.......Dont get me wrong I get into a few "Discusions" here myself and I have strong opinions but.......This place is not as fun or freindly as it was. There used to be many freindships made.........Freindships that were life long freindships....What I have seen over the last year or so is people becoming enemies. Thats not what dockside is about. Now on the flip side I know there are a few guys who due to wanting a more adult place to talk with all their buddies from Iboats, created their own sites and im sure they have much more lax rules...........I love Iboats.........There are people here who I have never met in person and yet have helped me out even more then some of my in person freinds...........Those of you who are upset need to just take a step back and let things mellow out for a bit........

QC

Supreme Mariner

......Those of you who are upset need to just take a step back and let things mellow out for a bit........
That may be it in a nutshell. I just like a little spice in my life and that includes the Docks I hang out on . . .

This is my first post here and even though politics isnt something I would talk about,,,,,,,I reserve the right to complain about anything I want to. Its called free speach!!!!!

LadyFish

Admiral

Welcome aboard, please read our posting policies for this privately owned site. You will find more restrictions than other internet sites. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the group of friends that come here.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome aboard there thefairlaneman but you're comming on a little strong there. When you are on a privatly owned forum they control the content and it would be the same if you or I owned it. If someone started talking about something on your forum that you didn't like it would get poofed as it would on mine if I owned one. And remember the people that own this site are trying to sell boats and parts and they let us do this out of the goodness of their hearts. It was getting a little bad here {I enjoyed it but I can be a bit of a trouble maker sometimes myself}, so just a word of friendly advice, go check some of the old threads and you will get some insight as to why the crack down. I didn't like it any more than anyone else but you ether get over it or it gets over you {which is not good}. IMHO you should back up and regroup and think about what you said. After all, you don't truly have freedom of speach any where, don't belive me, start bad mouthing the government where they can hear you and see what happens. Don't want to cause any bad feelings but you wont last to long like that. I'm not trying to be a moderater and don't want to be. Just some friendly advice and I hope I'm not out of line....ANIMAL :D

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't ya just love it when people post something and drop off line so they don't have to read the replys?...ANIMAL :confused:

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you ladyfish, like I said I'm not trying to do your job but its stuff like that that got us where we are today. And I am a pretty f*rt smeller,,,I mean smart feller. You don't have to have an IQ of a 106 to figure this out but some people just will not get it. Thanks again...ANIMAL :D

sun_runner235

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Animal....are you really located near fayetteville or is that just a ploy to throw us and big brother off your trail? LOL:D

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

I dont mind the new stuff. To me the only problem is that the people that are leaving are going to other forums. They were the ones that helped others. Yes, they might have argued but so what. If you didnt want to see it dont click on it. At the same time i realise what is going on and why they are doing it. I think thatsince this is the 5th largest boating forum that they would not change so drastically. Dont get me wrong this is my favorate web site period. It just seems like if this forum wanted to stay among one of the top ones the rules would change a bit and not all at one time. There was a whyle where this was the best boating forum. It was the biggest one out there. Now i think its at number 5 or so. If it keeps going down why will people stay here to healp others when there are other forums with more people? As i said before this is my favorate site of all but im just scared that the new rules are going to drive people away. It used to be the biggest boating forum of all. It was starting to get back there a few months after the software changed and now its going to go back down hill. Thats all im afraid of.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes, I sure am, I'll give you my address if you want it {in a PM of course}. The man already knows where I am since I'm in the prosses of fileing for S.S.I and I just filed my taxes for 2002 here in Fayettville {they were saying I made $33,334.00 that year when I have a 1099 that says I made $3334.00 that year}. And I've been useing the VA hospital since 1975, so I'm not trying to hide. If you would like to come visit bring your boat. Got 6 fantistic lakes with in an hours drive of the house. If I need to hide I go to my buddys place in Oklahoma. He's got 50 acres and wouldn't even tell the cops where I'm at. He would tell them that if they catch me to let him know, he owes me money,,,LOL. This is realy me and I am who I say I am....ANIMAL :D

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Animal who are you saying you are? Im just wondering. Why would you be hiding? Just wondering. Im sure you are just a regular joe like a lot of us.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Other than being anti-government I am just a regular joe. If you have me drawn and quartered you will get 1/4 biker, 1/4 hippie,,,1/4 pirate, and 1/4 gypsy. Does that help you out on figureing out who or what I are. Growing up I saw how hard my father had to work to provide a good home for us kids {4 of us} and how he has spent all his life in debt and I decided to go the other way. No wife, no kids, no debt and only worked when I had to. But I've been to 7 different countrys {one you can't even go to now thanks to our problems in the middle east, Pakistan}, 4 years USN and I've been to all 48 states and most major cities includeing all over north eastern Canada {drove semi truck 48 states and Canada for 4 years till they extended the crack of my butt about 7 inches up my backbone {piano fell on me}.I might have tried to fly under the radar all my life but I was not a burden on society untill I had my heart attack and now they {doctors and family} don't want me doing anything.They came with in about 5 minutes of loseing me for good. I also did renaissance fairs all over the country for 12 years untill the heart attack. There's nothing special about me other than I've been around the block a few more times than most people, thats all. Hope this helps all the people that wonder about me.....ANIMAL :D