"Pennsylvania Man Claims to Burn Salt Water"

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: "Pennsylvania Man Claims to Burn Salt Water"

Sure, enough RF energy can electrolyze salt or fresh water. If you then burn the hydrogen you recover about half the energy it took to release it in the first place.

Didn't any of these guys take science in Jr. High?

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

this won't have effect on the salt supply to go on the rim of my margaritta glass will it? :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I saw that piece awhile back. That man will be a name in the history books for the one fighting the battle on cancer. Looks promising for sure. I'm sure the American Cancer Society will not like it if the cure works. Just how many jobs and money would they stand to lose? I've heard that they don't want to cure cancer because of the cash cow they have available to them.

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

Sure, enough RF energy can electrolyze salt or fresh water. If you then burn the hydrogen you recover about half the energy it took to release it in the first place.

Didn't any of these guys take science in Jr. High?

If thats the same thing they're talking about here, that is highly inefficient is it not?

Oh I see now, he's using Radio Frequency to do it.

"The discovery has scientists excited by the prospect of using salt water, the most abundant resource on earth, as a fuel."

Uh Oh.