Y-Pipe Tee Fitting

kwoolard

Chief Petty Officer
A buddy of mine has a 350 mercruiser driving a Type-1 outdrive, with the 3 piece Y-Pipe. He found out while putting the boat over that the tee fitting and the bottom of the y-pipe had a hole corroded in it, and was looking for a replacement. Does anyone know the part number for that fitting?

Also, he wanted to know if he could convert the 3 piece y-pipe to the one piece? If so, what y-pipe part number should he be looking for?

kwoolard

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Y-Pipe Tee Fitting

Not sure about the year, as it is a rebuilt/modified automotive motor, and it is a home made boat hull. I guess I could give you the engine casting number. I couldn't get a serial number off of the drive, but I would suspect that the type 1 drives and transom assemblies in that era would have the same 3-piece y pipe setup for a 350, at least the tee fitting would be the same. However, I believe that we have found a replacement y-pipe assembly from a boat that was converted to thru hull exhaust. I will keep you updated, but I still would like to know that the part number is for that fitting, if it is possible to get it from the information provided.

Thanks