Help, can't locate these windsheild snaps

a70eliminator

Captain
I'm missing about 10 widsheild snaps, I have not been able to locate this peticular style, they clip on like any typical ones do but they have only one lip that fits up under the winsheild rail, the rail is over an inch wide on this 20' chaparral bow rider, all the clips I've found are for 3/4-7/8 rails and have the two lips that grab the rail and these won't work, I've even tried to modify them but by cutting a lip off but still won't work, I'll probably need to post a photo of the clip I need.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Help, can't locate these windsheild snaps

I'll probably need to post a photo of the clip I need.

Ayuh,.........
I bet it would Help..............

a70eliminator

Captain

Ok here's a picture of the clip style I'm looking for, or anything else that will attach to a 1"+ windshield channel

Attachments

• snaps 004.jpg
    snaps 004.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member

or anything else that will attach to a 1"+ windshield channel

An 1/8" drill,+ Pop-rivet will put a Snap about Anywhere..........

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

You want these stainless steel snaps from RochfordSupply.com :

thumb.asp

They don't clip on, but they don't fall off either....

45Auto

Commander

Check before you decide to use any screw in snaps to the windshield frame. I know some Crownlines use the clip-on type because the windsield glass goes all the way to the bottom of the frame. You'll be trying to drill a hole in your windshield glass. Not sure if that's the case with the Chapparal, but I'd try to verify it before drilling the windshield frame.

a70eliminator

Captain

Umm, yes I have already verified that the window does go all the way up into the channel, I for sure would have cracked my windshield had I tried useing the screw on snaps so my search goes on, there are no chaparral dealers in my area, until i find some it's just a matter of skipping every two attaching points. There's got to be someone out there that carries these I'm just running out of sources.