Thanks, and Rest In Peace Luciano.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
There are singers with great voices and there are singers with great artistry in using their voices.

And there are a very few with both. Luciano Pavarotti had both.

Thank you, Luciano. We will miss you.:(

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Thanks, and Rest In Peace Luciano.

add another one to the list of people I wanted to see, and died before I could.
Elvis
Liberacci ?

oddjob

Commander

I heard him this morning on the radio singing "Its a mans world", with James Brown. He really did the song justice.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I heard him this morning on the radio singing "Its a mans world", with James Brown. He really did the song justice.

That's odd. That is something he would never do. He would not stoop to sing anything 'popular'. It was always a thing between he and his nemesis, Placido Domingo. Domingo would cross into the 'popular' world with the theory it would bring more people to opera. 'Popular' was just simply beneath the great Pavarotti.

It was Placido Domingo that kept reaching out to Pavarotti and actually brought Jose Carreras back from the graveyard. (Three Tenors)

All that being said, no one could deny Luciano's greatness. May he RIP.

Bigprairie1

Commander

That's odd. That is something he would never do. He would not stoop to sing anything 'popular'. It was always a thing between he and his nemesis, Placido Domingo. Domingo would cross into the 'popular' world with the theory it would bring more people to opera. 'Popular' was just simply beneath the great Pavarotti.

It was Placido Domingo that kept reaching out to Pavarotti and actually brought Jose Carreras back from the graveyard. (Three Tenors)

All that being said, no one could deny Luciano's greatness. May he RIP.

Although his version of 'Hounddog' w/ Jerry Lee Lewis was one of the best I've ever heard.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wrong, Boomer. LP crossed over regularly, as does PD.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

A silence that will never be filled. May he rest in peace.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Wrong, Boomer. LP crossed over regularly, as does PD.

I dunno JB, maybe later when he saw the light, but years ago he was very critical of PD when he would have a big popular success. He felt that it sullied opera.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yes, a true asset to the singing world.... RIP:(

rolmops

Vice Admiral

May his name and memory be blessed.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYZRUb_a_cI&mode=related&search=

There are time's, if you just slow down and take in god's creation's or gift's you can see just how strong and yet fragile life is.

And then you get a lesson in how how life goes on, and how each life can bring meaning to another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBbf3cy_wYM&mode=related&search=

While i am by no mean's a opera kind of guy,Luciano has brought a tear to my eye many time's and a healthy respect for mankind's true spirit, and this day remind's me to alway's pay attention to what could be.

Kudo's to you, you lived life well, Luciano

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Guess you have to like opera, sorry ain't none on my 'puter, don't think I'll miss him...ANIMAL :rolleyes:

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Maybe he could wail (so can Alvin Lee and Ted Nugent), and the thing is they didn't dump there wife for the secretary...he was a womenizer..

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

:D gotta let down those walls a bit boy's nugent played the Gitar and if you listen close and slow down you will hear thing's Nugent could only dream of..........