OK....It's gonna be a four blader....

zkimball

Seaman Apprentice
Ok...It's gonna be a four blader. I need to grip and grab the water off shore, get up on a plane and stay there at a lower speed and RPM, so I don't jump off the back of the waves and beat us all to death. Light 21' CC w/ 150 Johnson and T-top used for fishin'. Top end means nothing to me!

The Rev4 is the fancy one with the funky hub and all the press @ $500!
The Merc VenSura (AKA Offshore) is $430.
The Stilleto Bay Pro III is $390.
The Apollo S/S is $150 less than that @ $234.
Then there's the Renegade Offshore/Cyclone @ about 10 different prices (no longer recommended for >175HP and had to change the name for some reason!)

There's only ~$250 difference from top to bottom and I can afford any of them and I only have to buy it once! ALL the adverts read the same, however; "It's 4WD in the water, best prop in the world, high speed, doesn't use gas.....!"

I would sincerely appreciate constructive comments that might guide me in my selection. I can afford any of them, I just need to know which one does what, as they all read the same. I truly need your brains and experience!

Thanks so much for all you've taught me! Z

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: OK....It's gonna be a four blader....

Don't forget the Turbo Offshore series made specifically for the crowd running offshore in following seas. 14.5, 14.75 and 15" diameter 4 blades, all about $440. There's also 15" 3 blades and 16" diameter 4 stroke props.

And the Fusion 4 series if the hull responds to more rake. And the Ultima series, but you have that covered. The Turbo Ultima's are now Stiletto Bay Pro III's.

zkimball

Seaman Apprentice
Re: OK....It's gonna be a four blader....

..... and they're all the best prop in the world, jerk your arms outta' their sockets, have great top ends, use less fuel, and catch more fish!

So.... One's about as good as another? Is moving from a Viper to some better gripping four blader the big gain and the differences between the individual props is just Ford vs Chevy? Z