I'm back!

gonefishie

Commander
Well, I've escaped the little Middle East and back to the corn belt in one piece since Sunday but been lurking. I've been to the South Bronx, NY (aka. little Puerto Rico) once and felt like I was in a different country. Birmingham, U.K is even worst, there is a large section of the city where I didn't saw a single person that is not of Middle Eastern origin. I'll post some pics of the country side/castles/palaces when I get them onto photobucket.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: I'm back!

I've spent a lot of time in Burmingum . . . One thing I can tell you is you won't find better Indian Food. RPJS is from the area but he doesn't post much over here anymore. What were you doing there?

gonefishie

Commander

I've spent a lot of time in Burmingum . . . One thing I can tell you is you won't find better Indian Food. RPJS is from the area but he doesn't post much over here anymore. What were you doing there?

Just vacationing! I'm not much of a fan of Indian food but love Thai food. I went to the Kinaree restaurant at Brindley Place. OMG, the food was out of this world good.

sbn2

Cadet

Dam GF, I wish you had told me you were in Brum, I would have introduced you to the River Severn Barble.

gonefishie

Commander

Dam GF, I wish you had told me you were in Brum, I would have introduced you to the River Severn Barble.

I wish I had more time so I can hook up with ya for some fishing. We spend everyday travelling to different part of the country. I did saw one in the river Avon, great big mofo and immediately thought about someone here had mentioned barble. I thought it was a carp though.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Ahhhh !!!!
Real Indian Food !!!!
One of the few things I miss about my native England.
It's just not quite the same here, although i found a great one in Hiroshima, Japan in May.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I love Thai too, defintiely better in the UK as well. I have found a decent Indian place here, but still yearn for the good stuff.

I have a related food rule, absolutely NO Mexican food in England!!! Bleeeeeecchhhhh
puke.gif