The Dreeded Greenies

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Let me start with thank you to all whom have helped me out with my first boat. Like I mentioned this is my first boat a 16' 1978 Starcraft Super Sport with a 500 50 Merc hangin off the transum.
I had mentioned to a few co-workers this weekend would be the maiden launch. We would be camping, boating and fishing at Glendo Resivoir about and Hour or so from home base (Casper, Wyoming). My co-workers worned me about the dreaded greenies from Colorado, stating they were nothing but ***holes and to avoid this piece of water. I shrug and tell them I was headed that way anyhow and that I would see for myself just how bad the dreaded greeneis are. We, me and the my new bride, get there pick out a good camp spot, set up and head to the boat ramp. Did I mention all the friendly wave's of hello we got from all the dreaded greenies. Anyhow we get in line at the ramp and wait our turn to launch, all the while talking and meeting people (dreaded greenies). Its now our turn to launch, I get the trailer backed in, the boat off, started, and tied off while my wife parks the truck and trailer. I see her walking down to the dock with the dog and a man whom looks very unnerved. Turns out he and his wife just launched the same way only she stayed on the boat while he parked, only there boat started for a while and died. She then ran the battery dead and was now a drift. with now way for her husband to save her. This man asks me if I could give him a jumpstart. I ask if he has any cables but he didnt. I then offer to borrow him my trolling moter battery and ride to his adrift wife and boat. Long story short, this gentleman had asked countless people on the dock that day for help. Most were from Wyoming and none would help the dreaded greenie. Yes this man was from Denver and a very nice person I might add. All in all this weekend was good meet a ton of nice greenies and even more ***holes from Wyoming.
I will close with this... just because people come to your neck of the woods to play and have a good time, don't assume they are bad. I just might be the problem lies within yourself. ( dreaded cowboys )