Roller replacement

Keith7481

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've searched this forum and can't see any similar questions, so here goes. I have a 1987 roller trailer. Its past time to replace the rollers. At first glance, they appear to be a standard 4 3/8 inch Yates wobble roller with 3/4 shaft. I bought 16 from EasternMarine (great folks) and went to replace them. When I took the first one off, I found that it has a nylon bushing that runs through the shaft of the roller and the end of the bushing (almost looks like a washer) also serves to shorten the length of the exposed shaft, so with the safety pin in, there is very little play in the roller. I haven't used any _large_ tools yet, but can't figure out how to get that nylon bushing out, it looks like one piece. I'm pretty certain the roller was not built that way, but I"m stumped and dont want to bust one up til I figure out what to do. Anyone know if it should unscrew or just pull apart with more force?

Keith

erikgreen

Captain
Re: Roller replacement

Post a pic... not quite sure what you're talking about.

For my own trailer, the older wobble rollers were so old they didn't have a standard amount of shaft space to mount new ones... so I ended up taking off all the roller shafts, cutting the stop washers off, grinding them flat, and welding new ones on. Sucked.

Keith7481

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Roller replacement

Having some trouble getting the pic small enough to download, will have to go to my office on Tue. to work on it. Could try to send it to you direct??
Keith