I cant take it anymore

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer
Lord knows my posts will be scrutinized for now and forever for mispelling but ...........

Loose /lus/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loos] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, loos?er, loos?est, adverb, verb loosed, loos?ing.
–adjective 1. free or released from fastening or attachment: a loose end.

Lose /luz/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[looz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, lost, los?ing.
–verb (used with object) 1. to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery: I'm sure I've merely misplaced my hat, not lost it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I cant take it anymore

HoooRAY for RWilson!! :)

One of my pet peeves.

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

How about my pet peeve? Boats have decks, houses have floors.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

One of my favorites is from my time in the Army as an engineer.....

Concrete is placed not poured.

i386

Captain

Well technically it's an engine. I will knowingly erroneously call it a motor since almost everyone does. And no I would not follow them off a cliff. ;)

I hesitate every time I call it a floor but...

A deck oughtta be big enough to walk around on. A floor can be small even though it's technically a deck.

If I told someone I was redoing the deck on my boat and then they saw it was only 15' I think they'd laugh at me. :D

Then and than are not interchangeable!

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

Webster's Online Dictionary

Deck
Noun
1. Any of various floor-like platforms built into a vessel.

2. (slang) a packet of narcotics.

3. A pack of 52 playing cards.

4. A porch that resembles the deck on a ship.

Floor
Noun
1. The inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room or hallway); "they needed rugs to cover the bare floors".

2. Structure consisting of a room or set of rooms comprising a single level of a multilevel building; "what level is the office on?".

3. A lower limit: "the government established a wage floor".

4. The ground on which people and animals move about; "the fire spared the forest floor".

5. The bottom surface of any a cave or lake etc.

6. The occupants of a floor; "the whole floor complained about the lack of heat".

7. The parliamentary right to address an assembly; "the chairman granted him the floor".

8. The legislative hall where members debate and vote and conduct other business; "there was a motion from the floor".

9. A large room in a stock exchange where the trading is done; "he is a floor trader".

QC

Supreme Mariner

An engine creates power, a motor requires power. This is actually incorrect though as an engine takes the heat energy in the fuel and converts it. Not sure how that's different from an electric motor, but that's what they used to teach us at Caterpillar . . .

I am gonna lose the loose woman I chose to choose for this weekend :eek:

Terry Olson

Chief Petty Officer

Careful Wilson - pointing things like this out will make some people tell you that you're "full of yourself". That's code for "you're right and I don't like that you're right". It's the favored response of some who are frequently wrong and it's only a matter of time until one of them trots it again.

Stand by.

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

Careful Wilson - pointing things like this out will make some people tell you that you're "full of yourself". That's code for "you're right and I don't like that you're right". It's the favored response of some who are frequently wrong and it's only a matter of time until one of them trots it again.

Stand by.

Yea I knew I was opening myself up to a potential beating but I took a shot....Iboats seems to have a pretty good natured group of people...Now posting something like that on that "thehulltruth" forum would have had them cursing my mother, sister and maybe an occasional " drive by" Those guys over there are animals to each other.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Sorry dude, I have a hard time taking someone from a place called Boonton seriously....You just lose all credibility in a loosely worded post. :p;):D:D

You may ask me anything you like (doesn't mean I'll answer), but you MAY NOT "aks" me anything!!!

The word WASH & WASHINGTON are not pronounced WARSH & WARSHINGTON! There is no "R" in either word. There is no "R" at the end of "idea" either.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I guess you don't like the word darlin. I keep a tellin' everyone I ain't no redneck. I don't mow the grass to find the cars,,,I wait till winter. Hello mrswaterwitch2....ANIMAL :D