DT40 Fuel/Spark issue?

wafshgod

Cadet
I recently bopought a boat with a DT40 Suzuki on it. I took it out once and it ran good for a few minutes but as soon as i gave it full throttle it seemed to lose power after about 30 secs. then it would work ok at about 1/4 throttle. it would idle fine but under a heavey load would bog down. i thought it may be a fuel problem but now it wont start at all. It seems that i have no spark at the plugs.
I want to order some parts to try and figure this out without going to the shop( which is tough to get into this time of year) but i am not sure of the year.
My serial # is 04003 or 401590 there are two sets on the sticker. I think it may be a1985 like the boat?

Any help is greatly appreicated.

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: DT40 Fuel/Spark issue?

you have a 1984 model ...... make sure you have enough ventilation at the tank ..... how did you test the spark?

wafshgod

Cadet
Re: DT40 Fuel/Spark issue?

you have a 1984 model ...... make sure you have enough ventilation at the tank ..... how did you test the spark?

Thanks for the year thing i was thinking around 85 as the boat is an 85
The vent hose seems to be clear however when i filled it up fuel did come out the vent. possibly the fuel in the vent tube could be causing some problem.

As far as testing the spark i just pulled the plug and fired the ingition with the plug on the block checking for a spark. I did not have a tester.