evinrude big twin

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade
going to look at a pair of evinrude 25 hp bigtwins.im pegging these as 1950,s for sure.one runs good the other dont know.both are tiller drive and would make nice motors for my cedarstrip boat.how were these motors ?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: evinrude big twin

the major drawback is if the lower unit is in good condition, and the only real way to tell is the test run then in the water. clutchdog. if it has good compression, the rest is easy. complete electrics, carb, impeller +-$200. a matched pair would be beautiful.

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

here you on the clutch dog !just got mine from omc for my 1956 30 hp jonny,70 bucks.i doubt both motors would fit on my boat but a complete spare would be nice.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Do they have the 1955 flip-up hood? The older ones (pre-flipup) certainly would keep you awake.

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

the person never called me back to go look at them.i really hate people that do that.when he does call im going to tell him that yesterday i had a interest but now that he gave me more time to think about it i will pass.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

If it was a good price, I wouldn't pass it up. I've been looking for one of those for awhile now! They're not that common.

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

will have to seriously think about it,im still peeved that he never got back to me,people do know what a phones for.he wanted 200 for both so i will dwell on it.maybe he changed his mind or maybe he,s just a flake.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Personally, I'd take em both for $200 if 1 ran and 1 was complete with compression. I'd try and talk him down but I'd take em for that.

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Personally, I'd take em both for $200 if 1 ran and 1 was complete with compression. I'd try and talk him down but I'd take em for that.
no call i think the guy is a fraud.