Just bought a new 21.5 ft CC and have a question

flavtfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
any advice on where to find mounting brackets to flush mount a JBL waterproof stereo receiver? looking all over the place and i'm not sure how i'm going to get it flush mounted through my center console. can't seem to find brackets for it. thanks for any advice.

PondTunes

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Just bought a new 21.5 ft CC and have a question

Hmm most radios of this type are standard din size and they normally have a metal cage that has tabs that are intended to be bent out to secure the radio in place... If your boat had a radio in it previously and the hole was cut larger you may have to fabricate something else out of lexan or perhaps a plastic trim ring would cover the larger opening. If this is a used radio and was designed to be flush mounted with screws then you might have to be a little more creative, how about a picture of the radio and what you have that goes with it?

Some of the marine splash proof radios also are a little oversized to cover any larger holes left by the typical splash guards that are installed to protect non-splashproof radios..

flavtfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks, the head unit is a standard size and there is no previous holes drilled. i'll be going through a center console so the fiberglass isn't extremely thick. is there anything i can buy to support the section of receiver that is on the backside of the console. i would think it would hang down forcing the bottom of my receiver head to extend away from the console a little.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

most have a bolt on the back for a support strap.

flavtfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

so the support strap connects to the back of the head unit then you seal the unit onto the console basically?

luckyinkentucky

Chief Petty Officer

Mine is a glove box type, and the screw on the back of mine runs through the support strap behind my console. I guess it all depends on what set up you have.