The Mother-in-law

LadyFish

Admiral
There once was a mother-in-law who wanted to test the love of her 3 son-in-laws. She devised the following test: while walking with them in the park, she would individually test their love for her by pretending to lose her balance and slip into the little stream that streamed along beside the walking trail.<br /><br />Walking with the first and youngest son-in-law one day, she carried out her little scheme. Feigning lightheadedness, she stumbled into the stream. In a flash, the young man dove in and saved her. The next day he found a new Peugot 206 parked in front of his house, with the following note attached to the windshield: "With much love and appreciation for saving my life. Your mother-in-law who loves you very much."<br /><br />A couple of days later during the next daughter and son-in-law's visit, she suggested a walk in the park to the next youngest son-in-law. Again she pretends to faint streamside, and drops of into the water. Again her life is saved by the son-in-law. The next day he also found a new Peugot 206 parked in front of his home, again with a note saying: "With much love and deep appreciation for all you've done for me. Your loving mother-in-law."<br /><br />A few days later, during the last son-in-law's visit, she suggests they go for a walk in the park, for she has something to talk over with him. He reluctantly agrees, and about half-way through their stroll, she stumbles and takes her plunge into the churning water. She struggles and fights to reach the surface. The son-in-law watches from a distance, looking to see if anyone else has seen, and to himself mutters, "It's about time that ol' witch died."<br /><br />A few days pass, and after the funeral, the last son-in-law upon leaving his home one day is surprised to find a brand new Porsche Carrera GT, with the following note on the windshield:<br />"Thanks for all you've done for me. Your loving Father-in-law. :D

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander
Re: The Mother-in-law

While walking along the beach one day, I stumbled on a bottle. Thinking of those sit-coms of years ago, I gave it a good rub.<br /><br />Yup. Out popped a genie.<br /><br />"Well Master, you have freed me from the bottle and for that I will grant you three wishes. But, I must warn you, whatever I grant to you, I grant double to your mother-in-law."<br /><br />"Cool" I thought, and proceeded to think up my wishes.<br /><br />"For my first wish, I want to be independantly wealthy. I wish for 1 billion dollars".<br /><br />The Genie looked at me and reminded me "this means your mother-in-law is given 2 billion dollars". "I know" I replied. "Just grant the wish and get on with it" I said growing impatient. Poof. I was given 1 billions dollars.<br /><br />"For my next wish, I want a Caribean island complete with a mansion."<br /><br />"And she gets two islands and two mansions, remember" the genie added. "Of course" I replied and lo and behold, I was the owner of my own island with the most beautiful mansion.<br /><br />"now, for my third wish, I wish to be beaten half to death"