Evinrude Model Tag is Faded...?

lilmerc

Cadet
Hello all - I have just purchased a 1987 Bayliner with a 1992(?) Evinrude 150hp V6 VRO(?). I have not been able to find anything about this motor on the net. And, I finally found that the the model tag is a silver'ish sticker(?) on the port side mounting bracket... and it is faded beyond legibility... Anybody know how I can track down the actual model and serial number? It is hard for me to believe that OMC/Johnson/Evinrude would use such a flimsy tag to identify their product... am I missing something here? Pics attached... Please comment and/or direct me in the right direction...

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Pic1.GIF
    Pic1.GIF
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Pic2.GIF
    Pic2.GIF
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Pic3.GIF
    Pic3.GIF
    49.9 KB · Views: 0

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Evinrude Model Tag is Faded...?

There should also be a round stamped tag on top of the head,i think its on the port side.It should have the serial number on it..Its about the size if a nickel.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

like this:
MVC-859S-1.jpg

lilmerc

Cadet

Hi guys - thanks for the posts. I did find the tag on the powerhead. It has what looks like the Evinrude icon stammed on it with this number: G2652638... nothing else. Can I use this number to look up info on this motor? Google turns up nothing. If so, where do I go? I would like to order an owners manual and repair/maintenance guide, but I am sure that I will need to know the exact year, model, and the serial number. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
Doug

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

those are serial numbers, and the dealer is the only source for the info.