Carb adjustment tool?

Lodgepole

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have 2 Sea Doo SPX. The rear carb is almost impossible to adjust in the water and on the trailer. Standing on your head using a mirror. On the trailer eliminates adjusting the high speed jets. Does anyone know of a flexible drive tool that can be used to adjust both high and low speed jets while under way on a smooth day?

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Carb adjustment tool?

I woudl jsut swap the stock needles for needles with a T on the end. You can get specific carb adjusting tool. I have two of them and i rarely use them I find either my fingers or a long thin shaft screwdriver will do the trick
Rob

Lodgepole

Petty Officer 1st Class

My low speed jets have T needles but it's hard to get your hand on either one while riding with the seat off reaching over, under, around, behind the spark arrestor between the carbs with a mirror to reach the needle on the rear one which is between the 2 carbs. Same for the high speed jets except no T needle and no way to turn it between the 2 carbs. Carbs should be left and right with jets for each on front or back of carb grouping.

Where can get the adjusting tool?

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer

Usually any motorcycle parts store or dealer can order it. Be ready to spend anywhere from 40-75$ on one. I woudl look on ebay or online first

Rob

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

high speed is supposed to be closed usually on a sea doo,, low speed tool can be made quite simply