225 oceanrunner 1995

cklausner

Recruit
After running 60 miles, my port engine raced over 7K RPM, and would not shut off even with key off. I had to cut fuel line off to kill engine. I am not sure if it just cavitated and then started to diesel itself or something was blown in the drive chain.
Also after replacing the entire works, stator, powerpack,and regualtor, amp meter is showing 18 volts charge, but battery is now dead.
Any thoughts would be appreciated, I am ready to repower with some more reliable engines

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: 225 oceanrunner 1995

Looks like you have a couple things going on at the same time. Let's look at them one at a time.

When a 2 stroke motor runs away like that the best way to shut it off is flood it. Turnning the key off doesn't do it. You'll have to turn the key back on and just hold the primer in. Letting it run out of gas may do more damage.

After it ran away and you finally got it shut down, did you restart it? Did it run OK? Shift & pump water?

cklausner

Recruit
Re: 225 oceanrunner 1995

I could not start it as something is going on with battery. I am now convinced that the fuel pump at least is shot, when I pump ball, gas shoots out of the Pump area.
I am concerned that the amp meters keep saying they are charging at 18 AMP.
This happened after the isolators all burned up and I ran the batteries directly.
Since then the amp meter has shown 18AMP. I still have not reconnected the accessory battery and everything is running off the cranking batteries.

It is in shop now and I am hoping it is just fuel pump, but something funky is happening with electrical system.