Windshield question

marineman16

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1989 1780V Procraft F&S. It has the 3-way flat windshield where the middle windshield folds to allow access to the bow. The window is square but the gap it needs to fill is not. It is something like 20' at the base, 24 at the top. It is a metal frame windshield so I don't know what to do to make it all line up. Does anyone have any ideas?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Windshield question

hate to be the one to tell you this, but you have a structural failure in your hull. the gunnels have spread, causing the windshield to be out of line. if someone removed the floor to replace it, it could have happened then. if you have a 4 inch difference, it is a major spread.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.........

I'd be more worried about the Hull,+ Why the windshield Doesn't fit........

marineman16

Seaman Apprentice

Hmmmm. That is odd but I think makes sense. The hull is solid, but the floor isn't (under the consoles anyways). I bought the boat early this year and immediately noticed the floor was rotten. Due to not having a means to split the boat and completely replace the floor, I gutted it to the best of my ability and replaced all I could. That ended up being from JUST behind the consoles to to the back of the lower floor, NOT UNDER the consoles.

Does that sound like it could be the problem?