Help with quick t connect helm fitting???

John the landlubber

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have built a center console and mounted my morse throttle control. I have just opened my teleflex steering kit and read the instructions and have reached the conclusion that if I fit the helm and bezel at 90 degrees to the floor the spent cable tube will foul the throttle mechanism inside the console and the steering cable will exit the console directly in the path of the morse throttle lever. I don't really want to move the throttle assembly as it is in the perfect position as it is and it will mean cutting a new hole in the console and having to re-do that side of the console. Can I simply turn the bevel and helm about 45 degrees clockwise and reset the steering wheel position or will that cause me problems???

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Help with quick t connect helm fitting???

yes i believe you can, then just center the cable before installing the wheel. the wheel may be off center, but you can have everything. i have one that is not perpedular to the console. be glad you didn't get a rack. on one of mine i set the complete helm off center of the console, inorder to have room.