Proper motor mounting

JDP

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well I finally got the boat out and running half way decent. I took it out Thursday with a couple of my buddies for some tubing. I still have a problem with it taking a really long time to get on plane. I noticed as I was being pulled on the tube that motor looks to be barely in the water. You can't see the prop or anything but it doesn't look to sit down in the water like my other boat did. Can anyone tell me how high or low the motor should sit on the transom. I was looking at it and it looks like I would only be able to lower it about an inch anyway. I would just like to know what the proper mounting height should be.

Thanks

JDP

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Proper motor mounting

Thanks roscoe...

I'll have to check that out in the morning when I get off.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Remind us of your boat and motor ,prop demensions, max speed and rpm.
Motor should be as high as possible without ventilating.If you can raise it more it will improve speed and hole shot.Though hole shot help will be minimul.
Also if you raise it be sure it continues to pump water.

JDP

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It's an 86 Force 125 on a 19' Bayliner Capri Cuddy. As far as prop size, all I know is it's a 15 pitch. The max rpm's I won't know till this weekend. I have a tach on order from sporqster. I didn't get a chance to check the height of the motor this morning. I'll keep you posted as soon as the tach comes in.