Well I fixed my trim.

ninja500r

Seaman Apprentice
So I finally fixed my trim system. I am now somewhat of a junior expert on the 80's Mercury trim system, and probably trim systems in general. Any questions? I am here to help. I managed to put a new two wire motor with assorted adapters included in the kit from Mallory. Including having to track down a plumper O-ring to join the adapter plates and the old trim pump. So far all is well. The trim never worked since I got the boat so I don't even know what it is like to have it. I fixed the motor and ran it with a manual trim setting.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Well I fixed my trim.

OK, so you are an expert. Here is a quiz. What O ring is the replacement for the seal around the 3/4" trim rod, on the bottom of the trim cylinder?

Give Up? - You may use the oring that comes in the waterpump repair kit, and is used to seal the driveshafts on the Mercruiser alpha 1 and the old carbon steel inlines. It is exactly the correct size, and of a pretty good material.

ninja500r

Seaman Apprentice

OK, so you are an expert.
Ever heard the phrase "tongue in cheek?" My comment about being an expert was made in that manner if you couldn't tell. Your sarcasm is unwarranted and unappreciated. In any event, most of the posts here about trim systems either go unanswered or are given unhelpful responses. At least I fixed it myself no thanks to you.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Ninga, I have helped may folks with their PTT. If I didn't help you, I didn't see your post., or didn't understand it.

I do this for a fun hobby. Take it for what it's worth!

Craig_Bay

Cadet

OK, so you are an expert. Here is a quiz. What O ring is the replacement for the seal around the 3/4" trim rod, on the bottom of the trim cylinder?

Give Up? - You may use the oring that comes in the waterpump repair kit, and is used to seal the driveshafts on the Mercruiser alpha 1 and the old carbon steel inlines. It is exactly the correct size, and of a pretty good material.

What an unfortunate post.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Well, seems Chris has over 3000 post (which have been EXTREMLY helpful to many, including me). You 2 guys barely made it to 30...and so far have done me zero good..just a thought