Hey!(Cover removal)

You guys are too much! Been reading for a few days and couldn't resist jumping in after stumbling across the 'stupid......' posts. What a ton of laughs!

Found this place looking for info on a project boat I just purchased. It's a 19?? Lonestar with a 1972 65hp Evinrude Triumph. And oh joy, it is a Selectric. Which is what led me to this place. The posts have gotten me along quite a ways. Then I ran across the ones about "get a manual". Should be here by the end of the week. So I figure I have a few more days to take it fishing before I tear it apart and little parts go flying into the next county and I have to sell it for whatever remaining parts there are left over. Kind of like what happened when I tore into the tilt pump.

The springs and bearings went into a little bag, the bag went onto a shelf labeled "Do Later" and the experience went into the "Don't try this at home." category. I didn't realize fixing a leaking seal would be so interesting. I can't wait to get into the really big stuff. Which leads me up to my first question...can anyone tell me how to get the cover off the motor? It sounds like some really neat stuff happens inside there. (just kidding!)

Seriously though, the FAQs and posts have been a big help thus far and I'm looking forward to moving along with this project.

Now if I could just get that darn cover off to see where ya plug in the extension cord. Heck with the big motor..what's the ratio and where do ya put the gas in the trolling motor? I figure it's somewhere on the little tank on the bottom. I bought a generator to run the motor on the back. Heck, it's 4 miles to the lake and I didn't want anyone tripping over the cord. OH, did I mention I was from Texas?

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Hey!(Cover removal)

Welcome to Iboats Bill
Thats the way most of us found Iboats.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome to the Party!! Glad to have ya!!
Bassy

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Welcome plain ole Bill from SWOK, I mean Tejas.

I think you'll fit in just fine.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Welcome, from one of the people responsible fer a few stupid a** opinionated posts here on DC. Hope ya got a good laugh, hang around: it might be fun fer ya!! JR

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

u can get that cover off with a bfh. and dont be a whimp swing it like you mean it. there will be some chunks flying when your doing this dont worry its supposed to do that.
someone here might be able to help you get it back on i havent got that far yet.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Welcome Bill.

You found the place for help, laughs and a lot of down right good people.