Bennett Sport Tabs, Outstanding support!

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] Howdy all,

This is not a rant....well maybe it is.....A good rant!
biggrin.gif

This post is similar to a post I made in the Stern drive section but it probably really belongs here......

I cannot believe the support I received from Bennett on my Tab system.

They are treating me like a "valued" customer and I'm not even the original customer!!

My brother bought this 87 Liberator I have new.

A year or 2 later he had a Bennett Sport tab system with double actuators installed. It worked fine for many years.

As some of you may know I got the boat a couple of years ago and removed the OMC King Cobra engine & Stern Drive and replaced it with a 97 Mercruiser 454 Bravo III drive.

I did all of this completely by myself.....AND this is the first time I have ever R&R'd a complete stern drive/engine!

I also did a bunch of fiberglass work in the engine compartment and repainted the whole inside to clean it up.

When I reinstalled the Tabs and pump, I re-plumbed everything in copper and hooked it all back up to try it out.

The pump spewed hydraulic fluid all over!
mad.gif

Ok...Well the pump is almost 20 years old....I'll rebuild it or replace it!

I removed the front plate on the pump finding 3 O-rings in there.

I called Bennett Support and asked If I could rebuild the pump with a new faceplate and O-rings.

The Tech Support person said he would rather we don't try to rebuild the pump. It should be replaced.
frown.gif

Then he said what's your address? I gave it to him.. He said please send the old pump back, there's no charge.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

W H A T ?? NO CHARGE??? The system is almost 20 years old!!

People. This sort of customer service and support is RARE!

Bennett Rocks!!

Cheers,

Rick

[/FONT]