Which service manual

Geiber

Cadet
I want to get a service manual for a 94 Four Winns. The Boat has a Volvo Penta engine and a OMC drive. As I've looked through manuals there are manuals for both Volvo and different ones for OMC. Will I need to but 2 manuals for this boat? Or will one do the trick?
CG

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Which service manual

Will I need to but 2 manuals for this boat? Or will one do the trick?

Hard to say, 94 was the first year that Volvo and OMC did a joint venture with engines and drives.
What is the FULL engine model number and Drive model number (may be a tag on the port side of the drive.

Geiber

Cadet

The boat is in the water so I got two different numbers of the tag looking fro under water
The top # is 987344 and the bottom number is T07B64959. Best I could tell with it submerged. Also it's a 4.3 liter engine.
CG

Geiber

Cadet

Does anyone know of a resource to use the engine model number and Drive model number to determine the correct manual to buy?
CG

crs5357

Cadet

Please avoid a SELOC manual. I have 2. They are rubbish. They have poor descriptions, poor pictures. Example. Any IO requires draining the block for winter. Finding every plug is an ordeal. The manual skips mentioning where to find the plugs, or what they look like, and uses this helpful reminder "...open all engine and manifold water jacket drains." That's it.