Engine Stalled - Will not Start

Sea Racer

Recruit
I have a 1988 Sea Ray Seville with a 4.3L MerCruiser engine. While boat 2 days ago the engine stalled and I was dead in the water. Approx 30 -45 minutes later the engine stated up. We enjoy the day for approx 3 more hours when the engine stalled again, this time it would not start again and we were eventually towed back in. I then replaced the slave solenoid, the the module under the distributor cap. Once this was complete the engine fired right up. took it out for a test run. During this running after about an hour the engine acted like it wanted to stall again, but did not. Not until going back down the river to the dock where approx 1000 yards from the dock it stalled and has not started since. I have been told that I could have water in my gas and this could be causing it to stall, I put some (dry gas) in the tank last night, not sure at this point if that has help or if it's the problem. Any ideas or suggestions would be a great help. Thanks you

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Engine Stalled - Will not Start

When the engine stalls and will not re-start, you need to check for spark, and fuel. I suspect one or the other will be missing. Then you can trouble shoot that system. Oh and welcome to iboats...hava a nice day.;):)