Evinrude Lark 30HP

Finster

Cadet
Hello everyone. I have joined a couple boating forums asking questions, but to no avail. I am going to try here.
I was given an old ski boat from my grandmother along with many stories of what her and my late grandfather would do. I decided that I am going to restore this boat and take her for some rides. She is getting up there.

I am new to boats but can tinker ok. I understand manuals and will be able to complete this with a little help.

The boat is a traveller and is equally as old as the engine. The boat is coming along nicely with hours of sanding and polishing chrome.

The engine is another story, this is what I know:
It is an Evinrude Lark
I am not sure of the model or year as when I looked over the engine I was only able to find a serial.
My friend stated he was really good with these engines and I gave it to him. Well he took much of it apart and then left it for dead. I came and picked it up, put it back together and fresh plugs, and fuel it started right up. I have decided I will work with this engine. Now after buying a new cable for the throttle/Gear shift I find that the part that allows you to attach the cable to the gear shifter is now missing (sigh).
Here is a pic of what I am talking about:

Gearshift.jpg

In addition I looked all over the engine yesterday in order to find a model as I would really like to locate a manual for this engine. All I was able to find was the serial and that is below as well.
Serial.jpg

The number is serial 25525-17012

The engine looks like this
wholeengine.jpg

I guess my questions are as follows.
Can anyone give me any insight as to where I can find a model number?
Can anyone help me to find a manual?
Does anyone own this engine that can help me to locate a part supplier for the gearshift?
Any help would be appreciated.

Found a picture of it below

lark.jpg

THANKS

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Evinrude Lark 30HP

Howdy, Finster.

Welcome to iboats. :)

The first 5 digits you list are a model number, except that there wasn't a 25525. There was a 25526, which was a 1956 30HP. I think that is what you have.

Manuals and parts are available for this excellent and very popular engine and there are several Lark aficionados here. You will hear from them soon.

Good luck. :)

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Finster, There is an outboard junk yard around the corner from me here in central/southern NJ. It is called Trixie's and is in the town of Bayville. They have mega used parts for old OMC products. The owner is Bob. Perhaps you can call him and work something out.

Good luck

F_R

Supreme Mariner

That is a Morse control cable in the picture, not Evinrude. But that's not to say it won't work. Just takes different stuff. Morse Controls Co was bought out by Teleflex. Any marine dealer can get Teleflex stuff. Including iboats. iboats also has generic manuals or you can get a factory one from outboardbooks.com