Transom bolt holes ?

dgweber

Cadet
Can someone save me a 200 mile trip ? I need to make a support plate for my transom and I don't have the measurement of the bolt spacing. The motor is a 1992 Johnson 70 HP. I need the distance between the bolt centers and from the top edge of the transom to the bolt center. Also are the bolts 1/2 inch ?
Thanks Dave;

darrklim2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Transom bolt holes ?

Can someone save me a 200 mile trip ? I need to make a support plate for my transom and I don't have the measurement of the bolt spacing. The motor is a 1992 Johnson 70 HP. I need the distance between the bolt centers and from the top edge of the transom to the bolt center. Also are the bolts 1/2 inch ?
Thanks Dave;

I am sure someone can give you the width of your bolt holes but It is next to impossible to tell you how far from the top of the transom. It depends on the boat. Every boat will be different even with the same motor. Sorry :redface:

rebuilt

Petty Officer 1st Class

This one'll probably get moved to Repair and Building. Just get your support made. Drill for motor mounts once you get the support lined up with the transom. No difference between drilling a transom support and drilling a transom. KR

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

This is from my 1978 140 Johnson manual. I assume it's the same?
Some of the numbers are hard to read in my attachment.
The upper hole is 6 7/16" on center from the center of transom. The lower hole primary location is 8" below the upper hole on center.

Attachments

• transon pattern.JPG
    transon pattern.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 0

dgweber

Cadet

I only need the distance between the top two mounting bolts
Thanks for the responces;