Where you do your online shopping?

Mike 23

Cadet
Hello all,

I am in process of rebuilding my engine, slowly.. very slowly. I check Iboat for parts. I have a 1986 85hp and not all the parts are listed here. I checked mercruiserparts.com and found their price is in come cases 30% higher than Iboat. I thought I better ask the pro. I am looking for engine parts>

Thank you!
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: Where you do your online shopping?

If Iboats has the parts you need chances are they are going to be priced better then the competition online. However Force parts are coming harder to find and because of it Iboats don't carry them. Things like carb rebuild kits, fuel pump kits and impellers and props Iboats will carry. Pistons, rings, ignition coils, CD packs and stators are a totally different matter and you will have to shop around for them.

baxtr

Petty Officer 1st Class

outboardparts.com/pindex.html

RRitt

Captain

ebay for used stuff. Industrial supply houses for most new. Chrysler loved to use industry standard parts. For example voltage regulator is $35 from mercury and $3 from mouser. boats.net or mercruiserparts.com for proprietary new

boats.net/parts/search/Merc/Force/index.html

Stanley1

Cadet

boatfix.com

Kajun37

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello all,

I checked mercruiserparts.com and found their price is in come cases 30% higher than Iboat.

mercruiserparts has OEM parts and prices...iboats mainly sells the cheaper aftermarket parts.....so the comparison is not really fair.....compare iboats prices to other aftermarket dealers and see what you find.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Say, guys. I guess nobody understands yet.

Direct links to any commercial operation are not allowed. Just post the address as a referral. That is okay.

Mike 23

Cadet

Thank you guys for your input. I got the idea. Obviously there is no one stop shopping. The big question for me is if i can put all these parts back together.

Cheers!:D