Fuel problem 650ts

gustafsonerik

Petty Officer 1st Class
i started my jet ski today and it ran find..then it cut out on me..i immediately check the spark then the fuel..there doesn't seem to be getting any fuel to the carbs..i cleaned the carbs and checked the fuel pump..it seems to be pumping some fuel ,its doesnt really squirt out fast just runs slows out..is this normal?? also when i put new fuel in it i can't prime the fuel to the carbs??before i would have to crank it and then the primer would get hard..i leaning towards a fuel pump but would like some input thanks Erik

gustafsonerik

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fuel problem 650ts

u mean the vacuum line that goes to the fuel pump yes it is...the only other thing i did was i forgot to pull the hose out before turning the engine off..i immediately started the engine again to drain out any water..the other thing is when i put gas directly into the carb its starts right up???

gustafsonerik

Petty Officer 1st Class

UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>> i got it running but it only runs on choke and nothing else...i cleaned the carbs out...the only thing i didn't do was mess with the screws on the side High and low jets i think and suggestions thanks Erik

gustafsonerik

Petty Officer 1st Class

i also haven't been running pre mix i'm just leaving the tank empty do i need to block off that port or something..how can i tell if the fuel filter or water seperator are good thanks Erik

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

did you get water in the crank case?? when you messed up the hose.. if so you may have forced water in the back of the fuel pump,, remove the pulse tube and crank the engine , look for water exiting the pulse tube, then carefully dry out the fuel pump with low pressure compressed air.

gustafsonerik

Petty Officer 1st Class

the pulse tube was bone dry..i took the fuel pump off and looked at the diaphram, it looked okay..when i ran it on choke if i pull the fuel supply line off..it only ejaculates 1/2 inch from the pump..should it be more??? how can i tell if its bad-thanks Erik

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

try restricting the fuel return line and see how it runs, some people place a carb jet in the line to hold fuel pressure to the carbs, a piece of automotive type fuel line with a adjustable clamp around the hose will allow you to adjust how you restrict the fuel back to the tank.