I need a wiring diagram

I am in need of a wiring diagram for a mercruiser 454 Bravo 1, carburated. setup on a 1987 cruisers vee sport 26' 9'6 beam. Is there anywhere I can download one or look at one online?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I need a wiring diagram

I think you are going to need a Merc serial number for your engine. It's obviously been repowered at some point. The Bravo I drive didn't exist in 87.

Oh, and what is your problem, and what are you looking for, it may not take a wiring diagram to answer.

Your right it was. It was originally an alpha setup with a 350. It was one of the first bravo 1 drive setups. The service manuals I purchased for it had everything in it. The Seloc manual was right on the money. (it is at an x girlfriends house.) If I can get a manual online to download I would be thrilled. Any Ideas? I am having alternator problems. I have rebuilt thesame alternator 4 times.I can't get an volts out of it. I have a previous post about his issue

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I know a lot of people here rebuild carbs, starters, and alternators. Many don't work no matter how many times they try. Why don't you just take the alternator to NAPA and have them test it and see if it works before you get to involved. Then look at the engine above the starter and get the Merc serial number off the tag.

The alternator was rebuilt professionally 2x in the past month they are saying it is my boat that is causing it to blow. I replaced the isolator and 1 battery. I replaced the leads The engine was replace also replace 2 years ago with no tag on it. So I can't identify it. I do know it is a generation v engine. It had originally, up until amonth ago a mando alternater that was bad also. This aternator had 4 wires, One battery, one boat , one excite one and one I don't know. I allso am now using a one wire converted automobile alternator. This has one lead to the isolator and another to the line that feeds through the boat. I replaced everything n the alternator, regulator diode, brushes. I think somewhere something is crossed on how i have the battery wired. Maybe that is shorting the alternator. I have the same voltage at the battery as the back of the alternator which is 12.4=12.6 volts on fully charged batteries. Off the battery are 1 starting battery. Starter only. and one lead to the isolator and the other battery has one leadto the isolator, tilt trim pump bilge pump, and accessory panel. I am about to bag it and run on batteries but am afraid of getting stuck.

I pullled out my guage and checked it by hooking it up to a cigarette lighter plugged into my car and it was accurate