sea foam?

newmercman

Cadet
So can anyone explain to me the use and the benifits of using seafoam?And is there alternates/brands. sask boy,so you know!

izu

Seaman
Re: sea foam?

Great stuff, able to reslove many problems. Cleans out carbon buildup etc. I get it at Napa

diaric

Chief Petty Officer

read this, gives you some insight on the product.
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=158076
bassically, removes carbon, as well as varnish, etc and works as a fuel stabilizer, very important for mixed gas
FYI the only place in canada that i know of to get it is auto value, which was an off shoot of bumper to bumper

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can get Sea Foam in Canada at most NAPA stores. It may be well hidden, but I found it in my local store and we live in a rural area.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

It is also available in a spray can under the trade name "Deep Creep". Same as SeaFoam but it's in a spray can. It is an excellent fuel system cleaner.

bikepro

Cadet

I'll Just add that sea foam is essential in two-stroke motors as a cleaner/stabilizer. It's a must for keeping engines as well as their fuel systems clean of carbon, varnish and such. It works great in any kind of motor-I use it on everything from the weed whip to the jeep. Pour a can of it all at once into the intake of a warmed-up car motor and kill it the moment the can is gone-let it sit for 15 minutes and start it up. You'll be amazed at the amount of black and grey smoke that comes out! The sea foam makes alot of it's own smoke, but that smoke is white. The other stuff is all the garbage burning off your valves, pistons, and anything else in or near the combustion chamber that accumulates carbon. Will eliminate ticks, knocking and pinging from detonation due to carbon hot spots. I could go on and on about this stuff, but I'll spare you guys-just use it-it's good stuff!