Where does this go?? Evinrude 200

heflins

Cadet
Help
I have a 1998 200HP Evinrude Vindicator I had the powerhead Rebuilt and am installing it my self. My question is I have a Rubber line the same size as the fuel lines from the fuel rail to the carbs. On this line is a check valve. The picture I attached shows #(42) the checkvalve=line in question. I'm not sure if the location of this was correct when I tore down the motor.The P/H has been removed before not by me. This line and check valve was routed to one of the small fittings on the Intake Manifold under the carbs up to the top fitting on the intake manifold under the carbs. These fittings are 90 degree plastic fittings and there are a couple on the Intake Manifold. I believe these fittings are part of the OIL Scavange System that recirculates the excess oil and fuel that accumilates in the crankcase. Does not make sense to me why a line with a check valve goes from one fitting to another fitting on the intake
which is basically the same thing. I think this may be located incorrectly when I disassembled motor. I have a manual but does not showing routing of this.Does anyone know what this is and where it is routed.

Attachments

• checkvalve222.JPG
    checkvalve222.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 0

Dennisanoka

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Where does this go?? Evinrude 200

hose 23 goes to the upper bearing assembly hose 22 to the lower. It sounds to me like they were probably correct and are used for lubrication as well.

Dennisanoka

Petty Officer 1st Class

You also need to make sure the check valve is oriented in the proper direction.

heflins

Cadet

By bearing assembly you mean????
And would the direction of the check flow be from the bottom to top
Thanks

Dennisanoka

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used the resources of http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/Accessories/Literature/Engine.Diagrams.htm In the parts list it describes where those hoses go. Sorry that's the best I can do. If you want to, hands down, absolutely know for certain where they go, if you are not comfortable with where they were, you may need to find one and look at it if someone else here is not able to confirm it for you. Regarding the direction of the check valve since it appears to be for lubrication I expect the flow to be bottom to top. In my own opinion it sounds like they were correct if the check valve was oriented as I expect it would be.
I understand your frustration the manual I have didn't shown the routing of the recirc valves either. I labelled each one with tape as I pulled them off and still began second guessing myself during reassembly. In the end the labels were correct.