Question on how to get more trafic on ebay

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
OK some of you have read my post on the issues with ebay Im having.....Im pretty riled up but they really have me over the barrel. For now Im pretty much stuck useing them as a sorse to sell my paintball supplies. We will be moving into other outdoor products as well but for now we are really cworking this.

What are some ways I could generatetraffic to my ebay store.....I use Craigslist and few other elling groups. Im interested at spaming ( I have been accused of that in Craigs list because I keep it pretty basic by saying Im sell paintball gear at a great price.....then when they contact me I shoot them a list and link to the ebay store. Im just a little fish in a big pond trying to make a go at this. I have kept my head above water for about 4 months then over the last 2 have had some set backs that really hurt. Love this whole deal and my family supports me 100% but I would like to expand and grow to something more then just an ebay store. Any Ideas would be very welcome. Any info from those of you who have been succesful at something like this would be very helpful as well. ( Im exploring a website built professionaly but to compete it will be a pretty big deal to get set up) Oh so I guess any hints from web builders would be welcome as well.

Heres the kicker. I sold my beloved boat to start this business......Told my wife I would not let this busness hurt us my using money from our other incomes. Sold the boat some fishing gear and some tools. I still have what I put into it money wise and I have some stock( Oh both me and my kids have some great gear to sling painy)......I will not be happy until I am able to replace my boat and pay some bills so here is my goal. A boat in my garage and fully stocked to opperate full time. And pay some bills.........One can dream right :)

PW2

Commander
Re: Question on how to get more trafic on ebay

Well, I'll tackle this FWIW

Sales volume is always a function of supply and demand. You have to decrease the supply, or increase demand somehow. Since you can't control the supply, your best option is to increase demand somehow.

The obvious way is to lower prices, but that is not always the best way. The reason companies pay for advertising is to increase demand. Ebay is great for what it does, as a low cost method of gaining exposure assuming there is a built in demand, but it is limited as to what it can do to promote a particular product.

You may need to open your own private web store, and advertise on something like Google. This of course increases the costs and the risk, but with potential rewards, there is always associated risks.

There may be ways to control initial costs. Perhaps you could convince a professor of web design at a local school or university to use your business as a learning tool and test project for a web design class.

If you get people looking for what you sell by searching Google to get directed to your site, it will increase your chance of success.

There are no guarantees, of course, and you have to balance the risk with the projected gains and decide if it is worth the risk.

If it were easy, everyone would do it. Good luck.

rwise

Captain

Do you compete localy? OR can a local walk in and purchase from you?
Advertise at local paint ball places.
Got land, put in a place for people to go for compititon, and sell stuff there. expand to other things as well.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I think you are probably right PW. The next big step for me is a website and Im still kinda exploring my options on how much it will cost me........To get listed on the search engines seems to be the most exspensive and hardest part. Also since ebay makes as much as me sometimes I could raise my profit margin. That, if I sold enough would pay for the site.

I do sell locally Rwise but its not as lucritive as online sales. This area doesnt seem too big on paintball and 2 years ago there was 3-4 paitball stores locally.....I beleive all but 1 moved or closed due to lack of interest. I started selling locally and did enough business to move into ebay sales.