which prop 25" pontoon 1982 90hp Evinrude

tbrracer

Cadet
I had a michigan pj80 which i am told is a 13x15 but it was never new so i do not know how it ran, I borrowed a 13x14 and the boat ran really good. sorry my boat is 25' pontoon 1983 90 hp evinrude.
Which one do you guys suggest and is there away to tell the best prop for the rpm range with out a tach? Some kind of formula??

Thanks
Rick
Where is the cheapsest place to buy a new prop?
Also can i install a tach on this motor? If so where do i get one?

rebuilt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: which prop 25" pontoon 1982 90hp Evinrude

As far as the tach goes, if you're really into tweaking prop performance, it's a gotta have. I can't speak for your motor, but the gray wire off the recifier terminal block is the feed for it on my '83 35 hp. A good repair manual for your motor will go a long way to help you find your tach feed. Even the Seloc manuals available from iboats show the tach feed. By far your best bet is to find you a genuine OEM manual for your specific motor. (ebay-Amazon, whatever works for you) As far as where to get the tach, again, it's right here at iboats. I wouldn't trust a used eBay tach as far as I could throw it. There is an in depth explanation of prop theory and practical application in the FAQ'S section of this forum. Very usefull stuff. Good luck. KR ;);)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Going to Prop Forum

tbrracer

Cadet

thanks for the reply, i was wondering what manual to get

will do

Thanks

Rick

outfishing13

Cadet

I have the same prop and was wondering the same thing. I did a search an the web and found this site. http://www.piranha.com/prop_search.php The Michigan PJ80 is a 13 3/4 X 15. I also have a Michigan PJ89 C wich is a 13 3/4 X 15 with a cup. I get about 10% better spead on the top end with the cupped prop but it is a little harder coming out of the hole.