It's (pretty much) done! Before and after pics of my 12' Super Star

Mano del Sol

Seaman
Just painting the inside and replacing the wood was more work than I expected! It'll be interesting if I ever find a bowrider project boat, I may have to get a loan just to afford the beer and tequila I will need just to ease my frustrations…

I didn't think to take before pics until after it had been in pieces for quite some time so I just laid the seats on top if the brackets.

You can see the fine shape the wood was in…

seat.jpg

I used all Rustoleum products according to the manufacturing recommendations.

For the wood: spar varnish 10% thinned, two coats of marine primer for wood, and TopSide gloss in battleship gray to finish. It's pretty thin paint so I think I ended up with FIVE coats…but I'm damn happy with the results. Obviously the transom I painted to match the sides.

For the boat: Cleaned and primed with self-etching primer per instruction I read here. I used regular Rustoleum Stops Rust (flat) for the sides. The store only had TopSide in gloss and I didn't want gloss and besides I couldn't find the color I wanted anyway. I custom mixed the light gray myself. Three coats. The floor is 2 coats of Topside gloss in battleship gray with anti-slip additive and 3 coats of straight paint on top of that.

Mano del Sol

Seaman
Re: It's (pretty much) done! Before and after pics of my 12' Super Star

Anyway, she's just a little tinny but she looks much better now!

before1.jpg

after1.jpg

before2.jpg

after2.jpg

before3.jpg

after3.jpg

Thanks to all of you who answered my silly questions and to the entire iboats community that provided the tons of information that I found from all of the billions of searches I did!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Beautiful job. Better than new.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

nice job, you got a good little fisher there. put a 9.9 on it and good to go.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

I notice that one of your after pics has a certification plate that I didn't see on a before pic. Did you already have that on the boat, or did you get one made? If so, can you tell me where?

Nova II 260

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well Done !!
clap.gif

Mano del Sol

Seaman

I notice that one of your after pics has a certification plate that I didn't see on a before pic. Did you already have that on the boat, or did you get one made? If so, can you tell me where?

You mean this?

sticker.jpg

It's actually a sticker I ordered (thanks to tashasdaddy) from custommarinelabels.com

glennrow

Petty Officer 3rd Class

great job buddy.

CATransplant

Admiral

Very nice looking little boat!

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

You mean this?

sticker.jpg

It's actually a sticker I ordered (thanks to tashasdaddy) from custommarinelabels.com
Thanks, the one on our Lund is a might bit worn out, and with the different configurations, has some different ratings, so we are thinking about getting a new one.