DT150 beep

MaxxPehling

Cadet
Hello, I have a mid 90's believe 95 DT150. when I turn the key I get maybe a 2 second beep spaced 7-10 seconds apart, it does it when I start it but also when I just have the key in the on position. a beep would make me think oil warning but it happens even with the motor off. Ive pressed the low oil alarm button but that hasnt fixed it. also that button is quite hard to push so Im thinking maybe it is jammed as well. anybody have a service manual with regards to beep codes?

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: DT150 beep

does it go off after the motor is running for like a minute? Because it is normal for it to beep until the motor is running for a while, it is just a pre-caution so you know all is working .....

MaxxPehling

Cadet

Im not sure. I didnt leave it running for a minute in fear of it being an oil pressure warning. I took the oil tank off and checked the oil flow unit, or what I believe was the oil flow sensor, it was a unit after about 3 inches of hose from the tank. I stuck a wire up the pee tube to make sure it was clear, and I wasnt sure on how to check the water flow sensor. it runs great and fires right up Im just very cautios to leave it running with the beeping. but you say it should beep? I timed it its more like a 1 second beep with a 6-7 second interval. and if I turn the key over, it obviously has the first beep, but then does the cycle, even when I just turn it to the on position without actually starting the motor.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

yes that is normal ...... let the motor start and make sure if stops after about 30 sec of idling, if not after 1 min, kill the motor, but I am sure you don't have a problem ....

MaxxPehling

Cadet

alright thanks. I figured it wasnt a oil injection problem as zuks do so well with it. plus the sensor is basically at the opening of the tank and when I took it off oil came through just fine, only other thing I could think of is if the sensor was clogged which it wasn't. I'll start her back up today and see how it runs.

jcsurvey

Recruit

I know this thread is pretty old, but I would like to know if you solved that 1-second beep, six second off cycle problem. I have the same thing going on on a pair of DT200's. It is not the normal "start up" warning beep. All the dealers I have talked to have been stumped. Please let me know if you found the problem.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

This thread isn't old, only about a week .... anyway .... all my suzuki's beep at startup .... and stop when motor is idling .... they run fine, and have been for the last however many years ......