Yet another floor question

wan2live

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I picked up the sunbird 19 foor cuddy I was asking questions about last week.

The previous owner used particle board for the floor which seems to work ok but I have decided the best route to go is with some longer lasting flooring.

I plan to use treated wood due to the cost of marine board and I saw another post about using the paint that people use to cover their garage floors, if I go this route do I still need to resin the treated wood or will this paint have the same turn out?

The glass seems to be in good shape there are no mushy spots, when putting the board down should I use a sealer and bead it along the sides of the board?

Thanks for your input.

HONKER1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Yet another floor question

I am not a fiberglass or resin type person, but 2 places that I've had trouble getting resin to setup on is very hard wood (example-Oak) and treated wood. The resin stays tacky and won't setup. I asked the fiberglass boat repair people and he said they had the same problem, but he didn't know why.
I had to clean the wood with acetone, and use another outdoor rated clear shield.
I thought you might want to check into this before you invest in a large quantity of treated lumber, when plywood (untreated) would be just as good.
I've seen several floors that have been resin coated and then painted with bedliner. They looked good to me.

wan2live

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yet another floor question

Yes I did read some posts that say the PR retains moisture and takes a long time to dry out and the process to do it quicker is more of a pain than using good plywood with some resin.

I will go with some good plywood and resin then research some type of covering other than carpet.

Thanks.

Any more ideas let me have em please :)