Cabin Restification?

d_saum

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey All,

Just wondering for those of you with cabins, if you've done or seen anything interesting? Or have any ideas that you might not have tried yet? My little cuddy needs some freshening and I'd like to do something cool. I'd love to see some pictures of what you have. Better yet, if you have any tips on the best methods for any interior work, let me know! Thanks in advance!

Dave

Spin 53

Cadet
Re: Cabin Restification?

Hi d_saum I'm with you , I'm trying to make some space by building some sort of cabinets. I would like to organize some of the mess in the cabin.
I was thinking of glueing the support pieces to the hull, then building from that. I'm hopeing a product like liquid nails or something like that would work.
Goodluck and keep posting your ideas. Spin.

kmurray802

Seaman

I would like to know if anyone has tried the cuddy-cabin a/c units that claim to run off of an inverter(not requiring a generator).

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I think liquid nails would be too brittle for that application.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Don't mean to blow your bubble about the A/C but unless you have a LOT of batteries there's not an A/C unit that will operate off an inverter. If nothing else the initial startup charge will deplete them. Better off looking at a different option.:(

Spin 53

Cadet

hi everyone I've seen those A/c units advertised and never thought about the battery re charge.. Is there any glue that would work in a cabin ?.. I mentioned liquid nails not being farmiliar with any thing else...
thanks Spin.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

try 3m 5200. it will be permanent.

lmannyr

Master Chief Petty Officer

I just got a 23' 1983 Wellcraft Aft Cabin that I will be restored on the inside and out including a rebuilt engine.

Anyone have any pics of before and after pics of restored cabins?

thanks?

PS how do you post pics?