Bush admits administration leaked CIA name

treedancer

Commander
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19728346 /

My o my look what I found when I was out looking for something else, very interesting.

<<Updated: 11:47 a.m. CT July 12, 2007
WASHINGTON - President Bush on Thursday acknowledged publicly for the first time that someone in his administration likely leaked the name of a CIA operative.>>

<<The president had initially said he would fire anyone in his administration found to have publicly disclosed the identity of Valerie Plame, the wife of former Ambassador Joseph Wilson and a CIA operative. Ten days ago, Bush commuted the 30-month sentence given to I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby by a federal judge in connection with the case.>>

<<I'm aware of the fact that perhaps somebody in the administration did disclose the name of that person," Bush said. "I've often thought about what would have happened if that person had come forth and said, 'I did it.'>>

I wonder if George H.W. Bush still stands by this statement that he said, on 01-Oct-03.

George Bush Sr.
"Former President Bush, helping the CIA celebrate its 50th birthday, called agency critics 'nuts.' He singled out for criticism Philip Agee, a former CIA agent and later critic of the agency. 'Remember Philip Agee, who I consider a traitor to our country?'' Bush asked, referring to Agee's efforts to expose CIA operations and identify spies. Bush said some of the criticism of the Directorate of Operations ruined secret U.S. clandestine operations in foreign countries and, in one instance, blew the cover of CIA station chief in Greece, Richard Welch, who was assassinated outside his residence in Greece in the mid-1970s." In addition, Barbara Bush wrote in her memoir that Agee should be charged with a felony.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: Bush admits administration leaked CIA name

Did you miss the word perhaps?

It's like me saying perhaps tree is so liberal that he is a full fledged commie. It's not an admission of anything, it's just saying it might be a possibility.

Bigprairie1

Commander

......(is commie an mental disorder?.....I thought commie/communism was dead?....such as stated in that previous thread).

treedancer

Commander

Quote RubberFrog

Did you miss the word perhaps?

Man, lmao, this vision keeps running through my head of a rubberfrog scrambling for loopholes.:D

Go back aand read the whole article ,I fixed the link ,it should work now.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Man, lmao, this vision keeps running through my head of a rubberfrog scrambling for loopholes.:D

That is a pretty funny vision!

flush-715919.jpg

treedancer

Commander

Sure glad it,s a couple of hours till I hit the bunk,cant have that vision running thru my head before bedtime.:eek:

OldMercsRule

Captain

......(is commie an mental disorder?.....I thought commie/communism was dead?....such as stated in that previous thread).

Hmmmmmmm, Are you jus' jokin' or are you really THAT uninformed? Ever heard of Fidel? Ya know Chris Dodd n' the rest o' the Libs like Michael Moore luv him soooo much? How 'bout Kim Jong-il, ya know Madeleine Albright's dance partner? Where bouts in the "Pacific North West", likely not Idaho!! JR

Bigprairie1

Commander

...the 'communism is dead' angle was from someones elses thread. That said, it is dead fundamentally and it doesn't work....ask any Russian or anyone from the Eastern Block countries.
N.Koreas chief panda Kim Jong is not the best example of a communist leader....more of a Nut Bar. I'd keep an eye on him if I were you....put Osama on the back burner. (I love his puppet tho' portrayal in the hokey puppet movie...what was it Team/Force U.S.A?...what was it, I can't remember off the cuff....some pretty funny parts in that show tho')
As for Fidel.....no skin off my nose, they have great beaches and cigars but starting to run a little short on 50's car parts.
The PN location is Vancouver Island.....so you're right, not Idaho. However I wouldn't mind picking up a boat out of there....some good deals!! (check out the Spokane Craigslist)

OldMercsRule

Captain

...the 'communism is dead' angle was from someones elses thread.

Don't believe all that you read. Employ critical thinkin'; it works every time!

That said, it is dead fundamentally and it doesn't work....ask any Russian or anyone from the Eastern Block countries.

Yer right, that's one of the reasons the Cornservatives here tend ta question Liberals' mental health.

N.Koreas chief panda Kim Jong is not the best example of a communist leader....more of a Nut Bar. I'd keep an eye on him if I were you....put Osama on the back burner. (I love his puppet tho' portrayal in the hokey puppet movie...what was it Team/Force U.S.A?...what was it, I can't remember off the cuff....some pretty funny parts in that show tho')
As for Fidel.....no skin off my nose, they have great beaches and cigars but starting to run a little short on 50's car parts.
The PN location is Vancouver Island.....so you're right, not Idaho.

Very Kool!!! Welcome to iboats!!!!

However I wouldn't mind picking up a boat out of there....some good deals!! (check out the Spokane Craigslist)

I try not to or I may have ta buy another old Merc!!! (I'm addicted to old black boat anchors). Methinks the Seattle Craigslist is much better due to the much larger population, (I never see much in the Spokane Craigslist). Portland's is OK too, but not as good as the Seattle list!! Does Vancouver, (BC), have a Craigslist? Bet that would be good too!! The prices this time of year are marginal, look in late October - April for the really good deals. JR

Bigprairie1

Commander

...yep, Vancouver has a Craigslist...same with Victoria....but you guys have the deals, pricewise. Even Bellingham is on it and that isn't too far away.
I'm headin' South for my next boat....preferably inland to increase my chances of getting a 'fresh water' find.
When I went through the last 'show your boat' forum I couldn't believe what some of the guys were paying for their boats. They are double that around these parts.....frikkin' hwy. robbery....combined with some opportunistic dreamin'

OldMercsRule

Captain

...yep, Vancouver has a Craigslist...same with Victoria....but you guys have the deals, pricewise. Even Bellingham is on it and that isn't too far away.
I'm headin' South for my next boat....preferably inland to increase my chances of getting a 'fresh water' find.
When I went through the last 'show your boat' forum I couldn't believe what some of the guys were paying for their boats. They are double that around these parts.....frikkin' hwy. robbery....combined with some opportunistic dreamin'

You also have the curency going yer way! Seattle is the cheapest here in the NW (lower 48), as I'm n' addict. The only problem fer you is distance. Price is much better during the winter!! JR

Skinnywater

Commander

"<<Updated: 11:47 a.m. CT July 12, 2007
WASHINGTON - President Bush on Thursday acknowledged publicly for the first time that someone in his administration likely leaked the name of a CIA operative.>>"

Actually headlines like this one warms me up to the President.

Admitting mistakes and taking responsibility for them is a lot better then deception, finger pointing or otherwise not owning up to responsibilitys.

But hey, that equates me supporting the loser most of the time.....

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

What a shocker!.....:eek:
After pardoning 'Skater' anything will fly......:rolleyes:

Skinnywater

Commander

What a shocker!.....:eek:
After pardoning 'Skater' anything will fly......:rolleyes:

An absolute, fully unexpected and devastaing left uppercut.

Dang Haut, I didn't get in on that thread when it was hap'nen.
I didn't like the pardon for so many reasons, but my main arguements would have been.........If he was set up to be the scapegoat, then by g-d let him be the stinkin' scapegoat.........Or, Scooter was a very powerful man with powerful friends. He ultimately had access to the most powerful legal team power could get and was still found guilty with a jury as a kicker.......

Oh well the Prez just looked like he needed a little warmin' up to today.

I'll pick myself up off the floor now.